Want to buy an elegant Southern Highland’s escape in the heart of Mosman? Now’s your chance!
By ANNA USHER
“An elegant Southern Highlands getaway in a prestige pocket of Mosman”, is how Richard Simeon describes 36 Somerset St, a grand five-bedroom Federation estate built in 1905 that’s ticking all the boxes for local buyers looking to upgrade.
Set back from the street and behind expansive Peter Fudge designed gardens, the vast home combines contemporary design with country charm, offering vast formal and casual entertaining zones designed to celebrate family life.
“It has a wonderfully flexible floor plan for busy parents and kids, with copious amounts of space for everyone,” Mr Simeon told Mosman Collective.
“The residence itself is one of Mosman’s finest, with soaring three-metre ceilings, original open fireplaces and period detailing that has been lovingly preserved.
“It’s a meticulous home of the very highest quality.”
An expansive marble kitchen with Miele appliances connects to the casual living room, all opening onto a huge entertaining terrace with a prized northeast aspect overlooking level lawn, mature gardens, and heated pool.
Boasting five bedrooms in all, the master features an open fireplace, private dressing room, full bathroom, and a private balcony with district views to North Sydney.
“The main bedroom is a true escape that’s been beautifully designed to become a stand-out feature of the home,” Mr Simeon said.
Set on 556 sqm, the Somerset St property offers a bonus for parents with older children, thanks to a sumptuous, separate self-contained studio above the home’s two car garage.
“It’s completely separate from the main house and just perfect as a home office, or as accommodation for teenagers or young adults,” Mr Simeon said.
“The studio has its own kitchen and bathroom so it could even be rented out to tenants.”
Enviably positioned within a brief stroll to Mosman Wharf and just 800m to shops, cafes and bus transport, 36 Somerset St is modern federation elegance, and the pinnacle of family living with entertaining bliss.
- High ornate ceilings, timber floorboards, leadlight windows
- Generous kitchen/family room with extensive Carrara marble
- Miele appliances, gas cook top, steam oven and dishwasher
- Stone alfresco entertaining terrace, manicured level garden * Gas heated pool basking in a sun-soaked northeast aspect
- Formal lounge and dining room flows to huge covered terrace
- Main bedroom suite with dressing room, ensuite, private balcony * Sizeable bedrooms with built-in robes, second with balcony
- Stylish light-filled bathrooms with bathtubs plus powder room
- Separate, exceptional self-contained studio
- Double lock-up garage.
Price guide $7 million.
Inspect 36 Somerset St on Thursdays and Saturdays at 9:45am.
Expressions of Interest close at 5pm, Tuesday 8 November.
For more information contact Richard Simeon or Sabrina Gao.