Mosman locals Patrick and Libby Allaway list beachfront Avalon getaway.
By ANNA USHER
“Surfside”, one of Australia’s most spectacular beachfront trophy homes fronting Little Avalon, is looking for a new owner.
The five-bedroom residence, with its own oceanfront reserve, is being traded in by Mosman locals Patrick and Libby Allaway.
The couple have used Surfside as a luxury escape since 2011.
“It is a unique, once-in-a-lifetime home with direct beach access,” David Watson from LJ Hooker Avalon Beach says, “and incredibly, it’s on an almost level block of land.”
Claiming one of the most tightly held positions in Avalon, ‘Surfside’ lives up to its name; architecturally designed with an exquisite infinity pool and timeless interiors by Thomas Hamel.
Set just above Little Avalon and boasting 43m of oceanfront reserve, the extraordinary residence borders Surfside Avenue and offers a direct pathway right down to the surf break.
“Properties like this are generational – and when you own a Sydney beachfront, you’re a member of a very rare, elite and exclusive club,” he told Mosman Collective.
“It’s a club that families don’t ever want to leave.”
After emerging as 2021’s property hotspot, the northern beaches boom continues in 2022, with a quarter of buyers now coming from the lower north shore.
“One in four of my buyers are from the Mosman and Cremorne area,” Mr Watson says.
“I can say with certainty that Mosman buyers are at an all-time high.
“Half of them want to purchase a weekender here, and the other half are looking to move over the Spit Bridge full-time.”
SEE MORE OF SURFSIDE, HERE:
The coastal lifestyle, ultra-prestige homes and lively local community are the main contributing factors for making the move north.
“And the thing that sets this home apart from similar properties at Whale Beach or Palm Beach is that you don’t ever need to get in the car,” Mr Watson said.
“You can walk straight into Avalon village, with its designer boutiques, coffee shops and restaurants.
“It’s very similar to Mosman in that way, but with less traffic and lower population density.”
“Surfside” – 532 Barrenjoey Rd, Avalon.
- Gorgeous design, Thomas Hamel interiors, richly textured throughout
- Double brick construction, built for oceanfront living and entertaining\
- Spectacular views spanning from Avalon Headland across Avalon Beach
- Central courtyard traps the afternoon sun; interiors illuminated all day
- Open plan layout framed by soaring ceilings, heated Travertine floors
- Deluxe chefs’ kitchen features Miele appliances and butlers’ pantry
- Two living areas, study, level lawns and a heated infinity pool
- Sumptuous accommodation + stunning master suite on the main level
- 4 bedrooms all with ensuite plus an additional room which can be used as a 5th bedroom, gym or kids bunk room
- Gated security, solar panels, double garage + offstreet parking, level street access
- Short walk to Avalon Beach, Ocean Pool and Shopping Village.
Price guide $11.5 – 12.5 million.
For more details and an inspection, please contact David Watson or Jono Gosselin.
Get The Latest News!
Don’t miss our top stories delivered FREE each Friday.