Capsule Wardrobe: How to reduce your closet to just 10 pieces!
IF THERE'S ANYONE WHO KNOWS FASHION, IT'S LIBBY ALLAWAY. THE WELL-KNOWN STYLIST, PERSONAL SHOPPER, AUTHOR, DESIGNER AND MOSMAN LOCAL RECENTLY VISITED CLASSIC SPIRIT ON MILITARY RD, TO COMPILE AN EXCLUSIVE CAPSULE WARDROBE FOR MOSMAN COLLECTIVE READERS.
Creating a capsule wardrobe is the secret weapon of any great stylist, allowing clients to declutter, save money - and create numerous wardrobe options, from just a few key pieces.
An overflowing closet, crammed with too many clothing options, is an added stress that’s easily avoidable, when you learn how to minimise your wardrobe effectively.
And the good news is, I’m here to help - with this gorgeous edit of 10 key items, that can turn into 40 DIFFERENT OUTFITS!
Talk about value for money – buy less, wear more!
Your capsule wardrobe should consist of staple pieces that can easily mix and match. And there are five simple rules when it comes to building your own:
1. Start with a base colour in neutral. Either black, stone, white or navy.
2. Have two tops for each bottom.
3. Select items that can go from day to night and multi-task.
4. Ensure every piece can be worn with all other items.
5. Dress for your body shape (I’ll have more on that next week!)
Here’s everything you need for Spring/Summer 2017. Are you ready? Let’s go!