Mosman Residents Need Your Halloween Help!
Spare a thought for the generous residents living in local “Halloween hubs” this weekend, as they prepare their homes for an onslaught of visitors on Tuesday.
Yes, the spookiest night of the year is upon us again – and it’s no secret to anyone in Mosman that we’ve become a ridiculously popular destination, for thousands of people keen to celebrate All Hallows’ Eve.
Social demographer Mark McCrindle has told the Daily Telegraph that Halloween is only growing in popularity.
“I think it will continue to grow as a special day. It will take over days like St Patrick’s Day or Oktoberfest, and it’s getting up there with Valentines Day,” he said.
When it comes to Halloween costumes, Google Trends has revealed its most searched for dress-ups in 2017 - and topping the list is Wonder Woman, followed by Harley Quinn, Clowns and Unicorns.
Mosman Collective won’t publish the names of the “best” streets to trick-or-treat in 2088, but we will urge EVERYONE attending the celebration to do their bit to help Halloween hosts, by donating a jumbo bag of lollies on the day.
And in an effort to keep the festivities under control, please consider the following guidelines to make Halloween in Mosman a fun, friendly, safe and low stress event for everyone!
1. ONLY DECORATED HOUSES ARE PARTICIPATING!
Please don't knock on random doors ...
2. kids, leave some lollies for the hundreds of others!
And parents, your DONATIONS are very much appreciated.
3. Parents should always accompany their children.
4. kids are welcome to knock from 4pm.
And it would be great if things were wrapped up by 6pm (it is a school night after all!)
5. if it's after dark, or the lights are off - please do not disturb residents.
6. don't pick through the candy bowl looking for your favourite sweet!
Think of the germs, people!
7. REMEMBER TO SAY THANK YOU!
It is always appreciated ...
8. enjoy halloween and be careful crossing THE roads!